Help by Shopping
Double your spending power! There are so many programs where you (and any grandparents, alumni, friends) can automatically help the school! Take a look at what a difference we can make with just a little effort:
(1) Kroger Plus Card for Education: If you don’t have one, sign up for your Kroger Plus Card at any Kroger Customer Services Desk. Next time you go shopping at Kroger, give the JRDS bar code (at right) to the cashier. Every time you use your Kroger card between September 13, 2010, and March 28, 2011, JRDS automatically earns credits! You must sign up as a JRDS participant every year! So even if you did this last year, you need to sign up again this year. This program has enabled JRDS to have several portable multimedia projectors and other great classroom materials.
(2) Campbell's Labels for Education: Clip and send in labels from participating products to JRDS. For a list of participating products, go to http://labelsforeducation.com/earn/participating-products.aspx. Just bring your labels to the JRDS Front Desk.
(3) Box Tops: Clip and send in the Box Top coupons from your favorite products (Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, General Mills, and many more. For a list of participating products go to http://www.boxtops4education.com/earn/clip/Brands.aspx. Just bring your Box Tops to the JRDS front desk.
(4) Target's Take Charge of Education Program: When you use your Target Visa or Target Card, JRDS will get a percentage of each purchase amount you make at any Target. To enroll, visit www.target.com/tcoe or call 1-800-316-6142 to designate JRDS (our school ID # is 16703).
(5) Food Lion's Shop and Save: First, get a Food Lion MVP card if you don’t have one. Applications are available at any Food Lion store. Next, register your card at www.foodlion.com. Third, use your MVP card every time you shop at any Food Lion. JRDS will receive a check semi-annually for the money we earn.
(6) Givens/Little Dickens (not Drowsy Poet): Every time you buy from Givens/Little Dickens, 3% of your purchase price will go to JRDS for free books, if you request (each time) that they do so. Just give them our school's name.
(7) Inkjet Cartridges: Bring in your EMPTY inkjet & laser cartridges to the front desk, and we will send them off to be recycled. Our recycling partner pays our school for these things! Plus, it’s good for the environment!